Did you know that hookah tobacco contains as little as 0.5% nicotine and absolutely no tar! This certainly makes it a healthier alternative in comparison to deadly cigarette smoking! And it is probably on account of this that hookah smoking has indeed caught on with the modern generation like wildfire. Today, there are several hookah lounges, bars and hundreds of hookah tobacco flavors to choose from.
If you are planning hookah tobacco smoking sessions for the first time around, there could be fair bit of preparations warranted. For instance, you must know how to set up the hookah apparatus, mix up the flavors and gather information pertaining to the basic etiquettes to follow for shisha smoking. Regular smoking sessions must only commence once you are well versed with each. A set of basic etiquette norms have been discussed here.
Hookah Tobacco Smoking: The Basic Etiquette
Here are some basic hookah tobacco smoking etiquette you should know:
- The taste of hookah tobacco flavors is best relished in complete leisure. Therefore, being in haste when you enjoy your hookah sessions could seriously hamper your joys. Be patient and take your own sweet moments to unwind yourself and savor the pleasures of your smoking sessions along with your fellow smokers. Smoking in a rush could put them into a bit of unrest.
- When you are handing over the hookah pipe to your fellow smoker at the end of your session, you must also be courteous enough to turn the stem connection attached to the hose, towards him as well. This gesture would be reckoned as a mark of respect.
- If you are sharing a multi piped hookah apparatus, always refrain from blowing the pipe for clearing out the smoke especially when another person is smoking at the time. It could cause significant displeasure to him!
- When you are smoking hookah tobacco, sharing of the mouthpiece is considered to be immensely unhygienic. Besides, such practices may also transmit infectious diseases fairly easily. So make sure you wipe it clean or change it before handing it over to a fellow smoker.
- It is always considered indecent and improper to blow hookah tobacco smoke on the face of your fellow smoker. It could result in significant discomfort and irritation.
Once you are done with your smoking session and there is no one else to take over, it would be advisable to fold the hose and set it up right so that it can be readily used by others whenever the need arises.