Did you know that the water pipe or the “hookah” as we know it is interestingly termed as “hubbly bubbly” in South Africa? This is probably on account of the bubbling sound that emanates from it! The same “hookah” is called “sisha” in Germany. No matter what the nomenclatures are, hookah smoking has clearly emerged as a highly popular activity across the globe. And there are hundreds of different hookah flavors to choose from!
The choice of hookah flavors would depend on a host of factors. Firstly, you would choose on the basis of personal preferences. Also, the selection is likely to be based on your past experiences. Irrespective of your choice of flavors, there are some common tips that need to be kept in mind for an enriching experience. These simple practices would help enhance the pleasure of your hookah smoking sessions.
Tips on Enriching Hookah Flavors
Some essential tips on enriching hookah flavors include:
- Make sure the water you add to the basin is cold and absolutely clean. The idea here would be to work up a smoke that has a soothing and refreshing effect and not one that would burn your throat or result in profuse coughing.
- The level of water has to be kept to optimum. There must be enough space for the smoke to build up so that you can enjoy your hookah flavors to the fullest. Ideally, the water must be filled to the level where the iron part tip just penetrates it.
- It is essential to loosen the flavored particles before adding them to the head. Keep pouring the flavoring substance in, gently. Never attempt to thrust or shove the mixture inside the head in a bid to accommodate more of flavoring substances. Ideally, you should leave a bit of free space for another tip.
- It is advisable not to allow the flavor juices to reach the edges of the head. In such cases, the juices would burn, resulting in a burnt taste that could ruin the strongest of hookah flavors.
- Flavors with a strong residual effect should essentially be avoided. This is because; these would be essentially difficult to get rid of. A prominent example in this category would be the “musk’ flavor. Every other flavor that you smoke subsequently would smell strongly of musk!
Hookah smoking is an art that you need to perfect to enjoy your sessions to the fullest. Hookah flavors taste best when the equipment is set up well and the flavor concoctions are just right!